I’ve been always telling myself that whatever I do, wherever I go, I can always meet people from whom I can learn something, get inspiration, which would afterwards have an impact on my life or my own character... And so another event of that kind happened to me today…
It was my 5th day at new job. The passing week has been a true learning experience: meeting new people, getting to know the organization, setting up my office. I was alone in my department that day, my colleagues being on holidays or working from home. So I decided to ask the interns from the Legal department to have lunch with. Their manager joined us as well. And of course, the big part of the conversation went about the legal items, lawyer’s experiences etc. I was getting pretty bored when suddenly they changed the subject completely! The Manager told us about her theatre classes the day before, what kind of improvisation she did, what big applause she got from her class mates. Then the Intern Boy mentioned that he is a big fan of short movies (“court metrage” in French), even wrote 2 scenarios himself but didn’t have a chance to realize them, but for sure, one day, he would like to start up a company who would be producing such short movies. The Intern Girl said she is getting married this weekend.
And then I started thinking… If Lawyers can go for theatre classes, get married and produce short movies, then what can a Finance Analyst like me do with her life…? What will be my afterwork activities that I will undertake? What are the things I can do for my own personal development? Dancing classes? Sport? Foreign languages? Hmmm...
I love ppl like your friends!!! Such an inspiration and boost of motivation!!!
ReplyDelete