Sunday, November 10, 2019

I'm back!

Two years ago I shut down my blog. I simply had to. For reasons which I prefer to keep for myself.

Today I am happy to say that those reasons are no longer valid. What happened in the past, let’s keep it where it belongs - in the past. I am now ready to go back to my writing. To share with you again my thoughts, my experiences, my observations, my joys and my challenges.

The company I work for have recently made my portrait: to present me as their employee, what are exactly my job responsibilities, but also to present me as a person, who I really am, what I like doing outside my working hours. And it is then that I mentioned that I’ve been writing since I was 11 years old. And it made me realize that I haven’t done it for a while, that I let that great passion of mine hide somewhere at the bottom of a drawer. And that it would be probably high time to take it out.

I know that some of you have been missing my texts. But you can be sure that I’ve been missing them even more. Especially that I have a bunch of ideas to put on paper, ideas I’ve been noting down all this time, waiting for the best moment to get them out.

I have already a few texts prepared for you, and even, surprise surprise, a few poems as well. Because even though I was not writing on my blog, I did keep writing for the last two years, just for myself. And I will definitely share with you some of these pages. Maybe not all of them, because some of those texts are rather personal, and I wouldn’t like them to go public. But you will still be well served, no worries about that.

My blog has always been in English, and it will remain as such. But I do have a few texts in French, that I wrote at the “creative writing” workshop last summer, here in Paris, and I would be happy to share them with you, the French-speaking part of my audience.

And so to kick off my blog again, after two years of pause, I would like to propose to you the text in French on “Why I write?”.

Enjoy!

And… it’s really great to be back here!



* Pourquoi vous écrivez?

Mon métier ce sont les chiffres, mais ma passion ce sont les mots. Mon journal intime peut très bien le témoigner. Et ça fait vingt-quatre ans que ça dure. Vingt-quatre ans que je mets les mots sur le papier, ou sur l’écran de l’ordinateur, pour exprimer ce que je n’ose pas dire à haute voix, pour me libérer, pour exprimer ma gratitude pour la journée qui vient de s’écouler.

Et puis, quand j’arrive à retrouver des moments calmes, moments de solitude, de déconnexion complète, j’écris ce que je pense, ce que j’observe autour de moi, ce que je vis au quotidien, ce que j’ai envie de partager. Mes amis me disent que j’ai une plume facile, que ça se lit bien, surtout en anglais, et que mes petits textes leur manquent. En fait, ils me manquent à moi aussi. Me suis-je perdue un peu? Ne serait-il pas temps de dépoussiérer ces notes, dûment sauvegardées dans de petits cahiers, et leur donner enfin une vie?!



2 comments:

  1. Super! Great to see you back! Looking forward to reading your texts regularly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for your support! Stay tuned for some new texts coming up :)

      Delete