Thursday, March 12, 2020

2019 - Thank you! 2020 - I'll do my best not to disappoint you!

I think it’s never too late to write a thank you note to the year that has just passed. Even beginning of March is still acceptable. Don’t you think?

As long as 2015 was one of the hardest, if not THE hardest of all my lived years so far, 2019 was just the exact opposite. Or at least that’s what I thought in the beginning.
… 2019 put me in the place I had been dreaming of for years
… 2019 made me believe that true love doesn’t happen only in books and movies, that I can also write my own love story and make a romantic comedy of my own life
… 2019 helped me to understand that there are people I don’t really need in my life, that there are places I don’t need to go to if I don’t feel like, that there are things I don’t really need to do if I simply don’t want to
… 2019 made me a strong and self-confident woman
… 2019 was a great year, until it was not…

With the Autumn leaves and Winter snowflakes falling, my strength and self-confidence fell dramatically as well. Maybe it was just the usual seasonal disorder, maybe just lack of some vitamins, maybe a burn-out (or almost), or maybe something else. Whatever that was, or I should rather say: whatever that is, as it is still there, I hope 2020 will be the year of me getting back to who I used to be before that Autumn 2019. I hope that with the help of some good human beings, as well from the inside as from the outside of my circle of people, I’ll make it. I’ll listen more carefully to myself, to my needs, my feelings and my desires. I’ll get myself back on my feet, I’ll stand on the solid ground, I’ll have the courage to make some bold decisions and never look back. I’ll fight for myself as long as it will be necessary. Because I don’t really like the person I am today, I miss the “old” Anna and I hope she’ll be back soon.

Dear 2020,
We still have a long way to go together. I still have a long way in the process of fixing what has gone wrong with me in the last months. But I do hope, I do believe you can be another great year of my life. A lot will depend on me, I know that, as nobody will live my life for me. Fortunately, I’ve been blessed with the people that are with me every day, and who want to see me feeling better as well, so in the end - I think I will be ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment